"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you" Ezekiel 36:26

Friday, June 24, 2011

Paper Peonies

Lately I've been on a kick....
I love making paper roses
but with all the pictures of peonies floating around
I thought I'd give it a try....



Not too bad for my first go round I think.



They need something else....
Maybe a little shredding or something?



Here's a real peony...


Definitely more texture on the edges
and a little darker in the middle.



My sweet grandbaby Kylee helped me with these.
She calls them wow-wows :))
translation:
{flowers}
Blurry picture but too funny not to share!!


She is quite a character at times.



But so precious!!!
{She's wearing her headband as a necklace}
Gotta love it :))



She is my sweet pea....
Yep, we did pretty good sweet girl!!



We will work on them and make them look like this....



Here is my sweet grandbaby Presley skipping to his lou :))
Yeah... we do cowboy boots and diapers, lol!!!



He was dressed.
I asked him where his clothes went...
and in his sweetest Texas accent he responded....



Gone....
{but it sounded more like goan}
How do you spell gone with a twang, lol???
He's my punkin' pie :))
They are my true treasures!!



Here's just a few random pics I threw in of things around my house.











Gotta go... time for my dirt manicure :))
(yard work)
I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

Love from Texas,

Michella

P.S. I'm also having a giveaway at the end of the month.
I'm thinking something

WHITE AND RUFFLED!!!!

All you have to do is...

* Become a follower here

* Leave a sweet lil comment :))

* Become a fan of Michella Marie on Facebook

You can even share it on FB or Tweet it if you like!

{But not necessary to be entered}

THANK YOU SO MUCH :))

Join me over at My Romantic Home with Cindy for


And


 Pam at White Ironstone Cottage
for her very first party



26 comments:

Passionate for White said...

Your grandchildren are adorable...but then you already knew that! :)

Michella Marie said...

LOL!!! Thank you so much :))

Unknown said...

Beautiful paper flowers, well done!
Your photos are really lovely esp your grandbabies! Kerry

Unknown said...

Beautiful paper flowers, well done!
Your photos are really lovely esp your grandbabies! Kerry

Michella Marie said...

Thank you so much Kerry :)) They are definitely my true treasures!!
Take care!!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

What cutie pies! Of course we do diapers and cowboy boots!
The flowers are beautiful.
Looking forward to stopping by your booth for a visit. : )

~Tina

Michella Marie said...

Thank you so much Tina!! You are welcome to come anytime :)) Be sure to wear your walkin' boots!! It is a huge mall, lol!! If you find something you like (in my booth) I will give you 10% off!!
Just let them know at the check out!! See you soon :))
Michella

Lilli Blue said...

I am so moved this morning by finding such lovely sweet spirits all over blog land. Creating such beauty.
I love your paper peonies. I am a big fan of white. I think it is my favorite color. It is lovely the waY you add a subtle stroke of color.
The babies are darling. Bless you keep creating! Lilli

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Ooooh! I would love a tutorial on how to make those paper flowers. Gorgeousness!
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your paper flowers are just gorgeous and your sweet grandbabies are darling! :) stopping by from Show and Tell Friday~ Stop by and say hello sometime! :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi there! Well, I knew I would like it here right away when one of my all-time favorite songs started playing ("Sailing") and then I saw all the Norah Jones songs too so you must be a kindred spirit! :-) Your blog is just gorgeous and I loved your paper peonies. Thanks so much for joining in the Blogger Block Party and we would love to see you next week at our Inspiration Friday Party too!
Vanessa
P.S. Your grandkids are too precious!

Kathy said...

Love paper flowers - I have made roses - but would love to try Peonies!
They look beautiful - the children are so precious!
Kathy

saltbox
treasures
said...

Your paper peonies are beautiful, and so are your grandbabies.
Hope you have a great week!
~ Julie

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful inspirations and pictures. I’m your newest follower and look forward to your next ideas!

Have a nice day!
Tine

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You and Kylee did a great job on the wow-wows! Perfectly beautiful!

I will have to try wearing a headband as a necklace although I could never pull it off as well as she did :) She is a CUTIE!

Handsome little guy in the cowboy boots too. Precious!

Rebecca said...

Your grandbabies are just precious!!!!! LOVE the peonies! Have a lovely week!

Hugs and Blessings,
Rebecca

Destiny said...

Hi Michella! Thanks for visiting my blog - I just became your newest follower : ) You will LOVE the Barn and everything in it! Let me know right before you visit and I'll e-mail you a coupon to use! BTW, your grandbabies are adorable! Love the name Presley (I'm from Memphis LOL)! Hope to keep in touch and hear about your Barn experience! If I'm in town, I'll meet you there and we can grab a coffee together :) It's always fun to meet fellow bloggers! ~Destiny

White Ironstone Cottage said...

Oh My
I can;t believe those are paper peonies
so cute
I am in Love with the diaper cowboy boot wearing cherub too
Thank you so much for linking for Treasure Chest Friday
I am grateful
xxoo
Pam

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That little one is adorable. Great job on the flowers. Love your blog. Thanks so much for visiting me and following. After checking out your blogs, I'm following you as well.

Rhonda @ The Yellow Brick Road said...

Michella....can you do a tutorial on the paper flowers? I think they are amazing! I would love to try my hand at them.....
Wow, I just love your style......you really inspire me! (That may not be good....LOL)

Carry Grace said...

Beautiful paper wow-wows! I am going to have to start practicing. We are planning to use them at my sisters wedding reception.

Angelictoo said...

Beautiful idea I will have to try it soon!! Happy day from North Texas.

Unknown said...

The flowers are lovely. I have to try. The babes are precious and divine. I have grandbabes too,
but mine are grown up and my daughter won't have any more babes for me. Do you think that is fair?

Luci said...

Love your blog! Just wondering if you ever figured out how to make the centers darker. Would love to not have to re-invent the wheel! Thanks!

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Any chance there is a tutorial for these? They are absolutely perfect and I'd love to try and recreate them.

Anonymous said...

I love these peonies and would like to make them for my daughters wedding. How did you make the pink color?? Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails